- Stop Smoking For Dummies®
Everyone knows about the risks and diseases associated with smoking, of which there are many, including: lung cancer, cardiovascular disease, emphysema, a shorter life expectancy and increased risk of heart attacks and stroke, to name a few. Smoking also claims around 114,000 lives in the UK each year (netdoctor.co.uk, February 2005), equivalent to over 300 deaths a day. For many people, smoking is seen as an addiction that they just can?t overcome, and for this reason and many others, the decision to quit is far from a casual one.
Stop Smoking For Dummies is the easiest way to stop smoking- and stay stopped! This handy, pocket-sized guide offers you a straightforward, practical plan to help you stop smoking, and walks you through every stage of the quitting process- from stubbing out your last cigarette, to finding a support group and avoiding relapse.
Stop Smoking For Dummies also features information on hypnotherapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and neuro-linguistic programming, so you can stay motivated and feel confident that you?re getting the best support possible.
- Disciplined Dreaming: A Proven System to Drive Breakthrough Creativity
A 5-part process that will transform your organization or your career into a non-stop creativity juggernaut
We live in an era when business cycles are measured in months, not years. The only way to sustain long term innovation and growth is through creativity-at all levels of an organization. Disciplined Dreaming shows you how to create profitable new ideas, empower all your employees to be creative, and sustain your competitive advantage over the long term. Linkner distills his years of experience in business and jazz as well as hundreds of interviews with CEOs, entrepreneurs, and artists into a 5-step process that will make creativity easy for you and your organization. The methodology is simple, backed by proven results.
- Empowers individuals, teams, and organizations to meet creative challenges posed by the marketplace
- Turns the mystery of creativity into a simple-to-use process
- Shows how creativity can be used for everything from innovative, game-shifting breakthroughs to incremental advances and daily improvements to business processes
- Offers dozens of practical exercises, thought-starters, workouts to grow "creative muscles," and case studies
Disciplined Dreaming shows even the stuffiest corporate bureaucracies how to cultivate creativity in order to become more competitive in today?s shifting marketplace.
#4 New York Times Best Seller (Advice, How-To and Miscellaneous)
#8 New York Times Best Seller (Hardcover Business)
#2 Wall Street Journal Best Seller (Hardcover Business)
#9 Wall Street Journal Best Seller (Hardcover Nonfiction)
#9 Washington Post Best Seller (Hardcover Nonfiction)
#1 USA Today Best Seller (Money)
#10 Entertainment Weekly Best Seller (Hardcover Nonfiction)
#10 Publishers Weekly Bestseller (Hardcover Nonfiction)
- The Bogleheads′ Guide to Retirement Planning
The Bogleheads are back-with retirement planning advice for those who need it!
Whatever your current financial situation, you must continue to strive for a viable retirement plan by finding the most effective ways to save, the best accounts to save in, and the right amount to save, as well as understanding how to insure against setbacks and handle the uncertainties of a shaky economy.
Fortunately, the Bogleheads, a group of like-minded individual investors who follow the general investment and business beliefs of John C. Bogle, are here to help. Filled with valuable advice on a wide range of retirement planning issues, including some pearls of wisdom from Bogle himself, The Bogleheads? Guide to Retirement Planning has everything you need to succeed at this endeavor.
- Explains the different types of savings accounts and retirement plans
- Offers insights on managing and funding your retirement accounts
- Details efficient withdrawal strategies that could help you maintain a comfortable retirement lifestyle
- Addresses essential estate planning and gifting issues
With The Bogleheads? Guide to Retirement Planning, you?ll discover exactly what it takes to secure your financial future, today.
- Practical Guide to Experimental Design
Over the last decade, Design of Experiments (DOE) has become established as a prime analytical and forecasting method with a vital role to play in product and process improvement. Now Practical Guide to Experimental Design lets you put this high-level statistical technique to work in your field, whether you are in the manufacturing or services sector.
This accessible book equips you with all of the basic technical and managerial skills you need to develop, execute, and evaluate designed experiments effectively. You will develop a solid grounding in the statistical underpinnings of DOE, including distributions, analysis of variance, and more. You will also gain a firm grasp of full and fractional factorial techniques, the use of DOE in fault isolation and failure analysis, and the application of individual DOE methods within an integrated system. Each procedure is clearly illustrated one step at a time with the help of simplified notation and easy-to-understand spreadsheets. The book?s real-world approach is reinforced throughout by case studies, examples, and exercises taken from a broad cross section of business applications.
Practical Guide to Experimental Design is a valuable competitive asset for engineers, scientists, and decision-makers in many industries, as well as an important resource for researchers and advanced students.
This hands-on guide offers complete, down-to-earth coverage of Design of Experiments (DOE) basics, providing you with the technical and managerial tools you need to put this powerful technique into action to help you achieve your quality improvement objectives. Using a clear, step-by-step approach, Practical Guide to Experimental Design shows you how to develop, perform, and analyze designed experiments. The book features:
* Accessible coverage of statistical concepts, including data acquisition, reporting of results, sampling and other distributions, and more
* A complete range of analytical procedures - analysis of variance, full and fractional factorial DOE, and the role of DOE in fault isolation and failure analysis
* In-depth case studies, examples, and exercises covering a range of different uses of DOE
* Broad applications across manufacturing, service, administrative, and other business sectors
No matter what your field, Practical Guide to Experimental Design provides you with the "on-the-ground" assistance necessary to transform DOE theory into practice - the ideal guide for engineers, scientists, researchers, and advanced students.
- Quick Vocabulary Power: A Self-Teaching Guide
If you?re ready to expand your word power, this book is for you. You?ll learn practical shortcuts and techniques for understanding and using more words. You?ll discover how combining Greek and Latin roots, prefixes, and suffixes makes learning both fast and fun. You?ll be able to remember the meanings of many more words -- without memorizing endless lists. With Quick Vocabulary Power, you can:
* Work at your own pace
* See words in context, so that meanings are clear and easy to grasp
* Learn the precise differences between words that are commonly confused
* Practice and chart your progress with frequent self-tests
This informative, easy-to-use guide is a completely revised and updated edition of the classic Vocabulary for Adults, which helped tens of thousands of people improve their communication skills.